Fall has arrived!!!  Personally, I love this time of year!  I love the cool, brisk mornings, love my pumpkin spiced coffee, love that football season is in full swing, and love the change that occurs in my menu planning, just to name a few things.  As much as I love grilling out, eating fresh salads, and keeping things light, I love the return of soups, stews, and real comfort food.  This week alone I added French Onion Soup, Cheeseburger Soup (new recipe that I will review later this week), and Chili to the menu.

This past weekend, I made the pot of Chili.  It was perfect!  It had just the right amount of heat and went perfectly with the grown up grilled cheese sandwiches I made.  This was by far one of the easier versions of chili that I've thrown together.  And because I had the turkey, sausage, and jalapenos in the deep freezer, it required very little from the grocery store.  Yum, Yum, Yum~

Chili (Another Version)

1-1/4 lb. ground turkey
1 lb. hot sausage
1 large onion, diced
2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes for chili (either Hunt's or Del Monte)
2 cans (16 oz) Bush's chili beans - pinto beans in medium sauce
6 jalepenos diced (3 with seeds, 3 with seeds removed)
1 Tbsp chili powder

Over medium-high heat, cook the ground turkey, hot sausage, and the diced unions, breaking up the meat as it cooks.  Once the meat is cooked and the onions are tender, drain any excess fat/oil.  Return pot to the stove, reducing heat to low.  Add the diced tomatoes, chili beans, diced jalapenos, and the chili powder.  Mix well.  Allow to simmer over low heat for an hour or two, stirring occasionally.  Serve hot with cheddar cheese and sour cream.