As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I was sent two bags of Peet's new medium roast coffees - Cafe Domingo and Cafe Solano - to sample.  I was thrilled when the package came.  I love coffee and I love trying new kinds. 


I wanted to pair my new coffee with a desert I've been wanting to try, something that I thought would appropriately welcome Fall.  I decided to try the Cafe Domingo with these Apple Dumplings~ 

As far as the coffee, I thought it was delicious!  The description says that Cafe Domingo is a blend of Central and South American coffees that is smooth, balanced and medium-bodied with more pure coffee taste that has hints of toffee sweetness and a clean crisp finish.  I thought it was a great tasting blend that was very drinkable. You can find more out about these new blends here

The apple dumplings were amazing!  They had a crispy topping and a soft dumpling-y bottom.  They were so sweet and the aroma that filled the house was delightful.  I thought it tasted exactly like apple pie but best of all, they were super easy to make.  I'm positive I'll be making these over and over.

Easy Apple Dumplings
Tasty Kitchen

2 whole Granny Smith Apples, Cored And Peeled
2 cans Refrigerator Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1-½ cup White Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ cans Mountain Dew
Ground Cinnamon

Cut apples into 8 slices each.  Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.  Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.  Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples.  Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.  Spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top and serve warm.