I really, really liked this appetizer!  It is not mayonnaise based and I was so glad.  I think that more times than not, mayo makes a dish greasy.  Even though this was chunky, calling for lots of artichokes, the base was creamy and there was no grease involved.

Asiago Cheese and Artichoke Dip
Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook

1 package (8 oz) fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half or evaporated fat-free milk (I used heavy whipping cream)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
4 medium green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I omitted simply because we were hungry and I forgot)
Crisp breadsticks or crackers (I served with sliced French bread from bakery section)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Beat in sour cream, half-and-half, and salt.  Stir in Asiago cheese, artichoke hearts, and onions.  Spoon into 1-quart casserole or small ovenproof serving dish.  Bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.  Remove from oven; stir.  Sprinkle with parsley.  Serve with breadsticks.