I stumbled upon a recipe for Southwestern Black Bean Salad on Skinnytaste.com and knew I had to add it to my menu.  Sounded like such a light and refreshing salad.  Perfect for summer time.

I paired this with blackened chicken with chipotle cream sauce.  It was really good, but REALLY hot.  If I were to make it again, I would reduce the amount of peppers. 
Blackened Chicken with Chipotle Cream Sauce

(3) boneless, skinless chicken breast (beatened to 1/4" thickness)
Blackening Seasoning
Olive oil
1/2 of a 9-oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise

Puree the peppes in sauce.  Whip together with the sour cream and mayonnaise.  Refrigerate until time to serve. 

Sprinkle seasoning on chicken.  Heat olive oil over medium high heat.  Cook chicken until cooked through.

Serve sauce with chicken.

Southwestern Black Bean Salad
Skinny Taste

(1) 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
9 oz frozen corn, thawed
1 tomato, chopped
1 small hass avacado, diced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 lime, juice of
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp cilantro
salt and fresh pepper

Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.  Mix with lime juice and olive oil.  Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.  Add avocado before serving.

*I added a little extra cilantro.  Also, just because I mis-read the recipe, I mixed everything and didn't wait to add the avocado.  It was still perfect!