A few weeks after I had Serena, when my family and friends had all returned home and back to their normal schedules, when exhaustion had truly started to kick in for me, Mrs. C, owner of the company I was employed at, brought over a delicious dinner and bottle of wine. It was mid afternoon and she ordered me to go shower and take a nap. She left that evening with instructions on how long to heat the meal, the first real meal we'd had since my bundle of joy entered the world. It was so good to have a little rest, a long shower, and a home cooked meal. I put the food in the oven, opened the wine, and thanked God for someone who knew just what I needed.

The meal was so good that I begged for the recipe~

Mrs. C's Chicken Over Pasta

4 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or large bites
15 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
3-8 oz cans of sliced black olives
15 oz can chopped tomatoes
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
minced garlic (we like lots)
pepper to taste
16 oz bottle of Italian dressing
1 cup white wine
package of dry onion soup mix

Mix chicken, artichoke hearts, black olives, tomatoes, garlic, Italian dressing, and white wine together. Marinate at least 2 hours or you can make right before. Sprinkle package of dry onion soup mix over mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or longer, uncovered. Serve over pasta of choice.

***I only used the canned tomatoes since I didn't have any fresh tomatoes on hand.