We have had a wonderful garden this year.  In it we had silver queen corn, cherry tomatoes, better boy tomatoes, German Johnson tomatoes, jalapenos, okra, and bush beans.  For the most part, the garden is about played out (with the exception of the okra and jalapenos).  Probably in the next couple of weeks, we'll take down the fence, till back up the earth in that spot, and there will be little sign that during May to mid August, we were producing some of the finest produce you could imagine. 

Apparently, my property has wonderful soil for growing produce.  I have heard numerous times, from various people, "I have never seen okra plants that big" or "my goodness, those are some huge tomato plants".  I produced more cherry tomatoes this year then I could use or give away.  Next year, I plan to have an even bigger garden with more corn, more okra, and plan to add back squash and zucchini (which I didn't mess with this year). 

One night this week for dinner, we had grilled pork chops, grilled silver queen corn, fried okra, and I made some jalapeno cheese bisquits.  I loved that most of the meal came from the garden.  That makes all the hard work well worth it.

These bisquits were awesome!!  They made a great side to our dinner but I could also see these being great appetizers/snacks.  The leftovers were also great, reheated for 20 seconds in the microwave.  These will definitely be repeated.

Jalapeno Cheese Bisquits

Crescent rolls (8 count)
4 jalapenos, diced (with seeds if you want a little kick)
8 oz. package cream cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly spray muffin tray with non-stick spray.  In a bowl, mix together the diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.  In the center of each crescent roll, put 1/8 of the cheese mixture.  Wrap the crescent roll around the cheese mixture.  Put each bisquit in the muffin tin.  Bake until bisquits are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.