Way back in 2004 (which really seems like ages ago) I received a mailing from the National Pork Board.  It was a very small mailing that was titled "No Recipe Required" and had about 4-6 recipes in it.  One was for Portobello Pork Chops, the only recipe I was interested in trying.  Since '04 I've made this recipe probably a dozen times.  That should say enough, that it's been repeated so often among all my other recipes.  I always do it the same but more often then not, I use boneless pork chops (easier to eat, in my opinion).

Portobello Pork Chops

4 bone-in pork rib or loin chops, 3/4 inch (*I used 3 really thick boneless pork chops)
1-1/2 cups mild chunky salsa (*I used enough to cover the bottom of my dish-probably 2+ cups)
1 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (*I used an appropriate amount of dried parsley-about 2 tablespoons)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Trim fat from chops.  Spoon salsa into a retangular baking dish.  Arrange chops on top of salsa.  Combine Portobello mushrooms, cheddar cheese and maple syrup om a medium bowl.  Spoon over chops.  Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes (*with the thickness of mine, they took about an hour to reach 165 degrees internally).  Sprinkle with parsley.  Serve chops with salsa mixture.